Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My SOLA — by Danish S.

I see SOLA as a place where students like me explore their strengths and start their journeys towards realizing their dreams with full confidence. Before joining SOLA, I was thinking of getting a US education only as a distant dream; after becoming part of SOLA's motivated and supportive family, this is no longer a dream far from realization. I believe that one day I will be able to get into the campus of a prestigious US liberal arts college and continue exploring my personal and professional interests.

In addition, SOLA helped us realize that we can be whatever we want to be. No one can stop us from becoming the great individuals we want to become. Not only that, SOLA assists us with finding alternatives and making decisions that are important to us and those around us. SOLA never makes our decisions for us; instead, it enables us to make our own decisions and take the responsibility for them.

I say that each country needs a SOLA and each SOLA needs a Mr. Ted. Besides being a wonderful person, Mr. Ted is a great mentor and a sensitive friend. Each time I talk with him, I feel more confident in myself and get the feeling that I can accomplish more. Mr. Ted is one of the few individuals who really understand the Afghan dilemma. What sets him apart from the rest is the fact that he has a vision for Afghanistan. He tries his best to help Afghans get the best education they can which will enable them lead their people and find solutions for their own problems.

I wish Mr. Ted a very happy birthday and hope that we will celebrate 100 more of these days with him. I wish that this new year of his life bring him and his family happiness, peace, and success.

I would like to use this opportunity to also thank the wonderful SOLA team. Everyone at SOLA deserves a HUGE THANK YOU. Thank you all!

Thanks,

Danish S.
SOLA Afghanistan

No comments:

Post a Comment